It is that wonderful time of the year when all the winter festivities begin. That means hectic schedules with the school runs, holiday shopping, work and a busy social schedule and wanting to look our very best! Here are some guidelines on what you can do to help glow in the midst of the madness.
It is important to keep your skin hydrated! Here are some basic steps to help you along the way:
- Exfoliate: In order to do that we first need to gently exfoliate and remove any dead skin that accumulates, particularly in colder temperatures and heating. I recommend Neostrata Triple Microdermabrasion to help slough off the dead unwanted skin and allow beautiful new skin to glow through.
- Maintain hydration: Hydration helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, boosts hydration and makes skin glow. Look for a moisturizer with sun protection, brighteners (like Vitamin C), and skin plumpers.
- If time permits, have a treatment to help exfoliate, hydrate and nourish. I recommend a light lactic acid peel combined with microdermabrasion and LED light followed by a hydration mask
- Spot treatment when necessary: extractions and emergency cortisone injections to zap cystic spots will help flatten them quickly and can be easily covered with appropriate concealer. I recommend oxygenetix for a light overall glow with coverage or if you need something stronger, dermablend to cover any blemishes.
- Flash focus below the neck: never forget the décolletage especially in the season of the little black dress. Use a daily body scrub every morning. Swap your regular body lotion with one with lactic acid to help dissolve rough patches without irritating the skin. A light dermabrasion combined with a gentle lactic acid peel will give you a gorgeous glow!
- Get a nutritional facelift: Make sure your diet is filled with Omega 3, 6 and 9 to help combat inflammation and maintain the health of the skin and hair. Fruits and vegetables loaded with antioxidant help rid your body of free radicals that make your skin look older.
A few other suggestions to keep your skin looking its best:
- Avoid salty foods for at least two to three days prior to a party to prevent puffy eyes.
- Increase your water intake to keep yourself hydrated and counter the effects of alcohol and caffeine.
- Do not get a facial or peel the day of a party; this should be done one week before an event to avoid redness and irritation.
Take a deep breath and enjoy!